Summer is magical! Everyone should have wondrous memories of their childhood summers and Little Shop of Stories strives to be a part of creating them. We love hosting weekly camps – most of which are book related -- and filling the shop with the extraordinary sounds of kids doing kid things. We love making books come alive, and we love spending time with your kids. Here are some things to know about our camps:
· Camps run from 9am-4pm every day. We provide a morning and afternoon snack, and kids are required to bring their own lunches and water bottles.
· All of our camps take place in our upstairs loft here at the shop, but we take walking field trips around the square and to Ebster pool.
· All camps cost $325 with the exception of Jedi Academy which runs four days and costs $275.
· Once again each of our camps will be peanut (and tree nut) free. Some of our campers have serious allergies and we feel that this is the most effective means of addressing this.
And here’s some information about registration. In an effort to be fair, here are our guidelines for signing up for camp:
· Camp registration begins on Saturday, February 6th at 9 a.m. Registration must be done in person by the child’s parent or legal guardian.
· Our camps are extremely popular and many will fill up within the first hour or two of registration. Yes, we know it’s crazy. We just wanted to warn you. (I believe the first person in line last year arrived at about 6 a.m.)
· While in line on Saturday morning, you may not save spots for your friends. No line cutters! Let’s set a good example for our kids here!
· There is a $100 deposit per camp. In case of cancellation, $50 is NONREFUNDABLE. In case of cancellation within 21 days of the start of camp, the entire $100 deposit is nonrefundable.
We request that all camp deposits and other payments be made with checks. While we’ll take cash and credit cards payments, checks serve to help (immensely) with record keeping.
Here's the lineup for this summer!